A New Year means new resolutions, so let’s start 2015 with 6 simple goals that both you & your pooch can commit to:
1) Exercise – get your pooch to exercise more often, by making it interesting by going on walks to different parks and out door places. Exercise stimulates your dog, helping to keep them healthy and happy.
2) Eat Healthy – ensure that your pooch eats a healthy well balanced diet. Feed your dog the correct quantity of food to avoid them piling on the weight, from an excess of calorie intake.
3) Yearly Vet Trips – As our dogs age much quicker than us humans, a yearly visit to the vet is important. Early check ups are the best way to ensure that any health problems are detected and treated as soon as possible.
4) Brush Teeth – a brush at least once a week is an effective way to help prevent inflamed and receding gums. Getting your dogs teeth cleaned by the vet is expensive, as the treatment usually requires a dog to be anaesthetised.
5) Play More – try to set aside at least 10 – 15 minutes each day to play with your dog. It’s a great bonding experience and it helps to make our 4 legged friends feel loved and valued.
6) Address Naughty or Antisocial Behaviour – consult a dog trainer or professional, if your dog has developed bad habits. Most behavioural problems can be addressed and resolved with consistent training within a few weeks.
lastly, try to stick to your resolutions … best wishes to you both for 2105.