It doesn’t seem to matter the size, cats do not seem to mind when it comes to a cardboard box.
We’ve had a go at trying to work out what it is with our felines & cardboard boxes:
- It seems to be instinctive as cats like to stalk their prey. A secure hiding place is attractive & a cardboard box gives them a place where they can watch the world around them. Then they have the ideal vantage point to swat an ankle from time to time.
- An enclosure makes them feel safe & secure. While inside a box, they can only be approached on one side, so there’s no surprise attack from other directions.
- It is also a great place for a snuggly sleep. As cats sleep something like 18 hours per day, they know what they are doing. A cardboard box is the ideal place for that long snooze, or when they lose a sunny spot at the end of your bed.
- As it is cool & dark, it’s an awesome hangout spot to beat those summer temperatures.
- Boxes are lots of fun! You just have to watch them with a cardboard box, to see how great it is for a cat.
- There is an seemingly endless supply of cardboard boxes out there, of all different shapes & sizes. Who wouldn’t like something that has so much variety? They are also a cheap alternative to a cat toy or bed.
- While we realize cats aren’t bothered, boxes are also the most environmentally friendly toy & hangout spot.